Deer Island, Boston Engagement Session
I remember I drove to Winthrop, MA to shoot an engagement session. We found our way to Deer Island, a beautiful peninsula that is actually a part of the Boston Harbor Islands National Recreation Area. This was a stunning location for photos, especially right when the sunset was about to begin. Many local people travel to Deer Island to watch its beautiful sunset, and I certainly enjoyed shooting with such soft, natural light. The island worked well for this engagement shoot because I was able to play with the water, the rocks, and keep beautiful views in the background. As you’ll see below, my favorite part was taking photos on the rocks ☺
I enjoyed spending the afternoon with an amazing couple in a picture perfect location.
Marc and Emily adore Boston. Their relationship started in this city. After meeting online, their first date consisted of going out for coffee, and then going to church together. Their Christian identity has been a pillar of their relationship from the beginning, followed closely by their relationships with friends and family.
From early on in their relationship, Marc made it clear that he was committed to Emily and to her loved ones. When he came over for dinner, he would bring extra wine for Emily’s roommates. He was always willing to sit down for some Netflix romantic comedies or some Gilmore Girls, and he understood the importance of Emily having time to devote to her friends.
Now, they both attend graduate school in the city: Marc is studying biochemistry at MIT, and Emily is studying architecture at Harvard. So when it came time to plan their wedding, they knew they wanted to share this city with their loved ones, giving each of them a taste of New England life.
The ceremony was held on the grounds of Glastonbury Abbey in Hingham, Massachusetts. It was a perfect blend of tradition and the couple’s desire for an event that spoke to their relationship specifically. This wedding was not just the joining of two individual lives, but the union of two families.
The wedding reception was held in a private beach house in Hull, Massachusetts. The home has tall ceilings and is brimming with art; combine those features with an ocean view and years of family history, and the couple had their perfect wedding venue. Emily and Marc stuck with neutral tones in order to highlight the ocean’s beauty. To truly give their loved ones an authentic Massachusetts experience, they served a family-style seafood feast for dinner.
Marc and Emily are a couple that care intentionally for the needs of all people around them. It was a gift to be present on such a meaningful day, and to help them capture beautiful memories.
Ceremony: Glastonbury Abbey in Hingham, Massachusetts
Reception: Hull, MA
Wedding Planner: Unique Melody Events & Design
Caterer: Jack's Seafood, Hull MA
Dessert: by Kendall Vanderslice
Music: DJ Boots Entertainment
Party Supplies: Boston Rustic
Hair + Makeup: Sarah Elizabeth
Dress: Leanne Marshall
“What should I wear for my engagement photo session?” I hear this question from couples quite often! Here are some ideas and tips that will help you feel more prepared for our photo session together:Read More
Last Fall, Farah and George exchanged vows of commitment in a way most people dream of…relaxed, on an island, sand beneath their feet, surrounded by closest friends and family.
The diverse culture and welcoming atmosphere of the island presented the perfect location for this couple to begin their next chapter together. The sentimental value of Martha’s Vineyard also played an important role in this big day as Farah’s family gathers there annually. Now, her family has yet another memory to add to their collection of Martha’s Vineyard musings.
Between the brilliant music, a mouthwatering menu, tables titled by Farah’s beloved yoga poses, red velvet cupcakes, and a room full of pure love and happiness, I couldn’t help but feel so lucky that I was able to be part of such a beautiful event, adorned in so many personal touches.
What an experience it was to witness true love in such a serene location. Farah and George, thank you so much for letting me capture the memories you made that day. Much like the love you two share, the day was truly flawless, and because of that, you made photographing you that much more special.
Ps. I’d like to give a big thanks to my friend Larisa Stinga for referring this couple to me! What a fun day had by all!
Ceremony: South Beach
Reception: Winnetu Oceanside Resort
Wedding Planner: My Vineyard Concierge
Caterer: Winnetu Oceanside Resort
Dessert: Cakes by Liz
Music: Steve Tully + Felix Clerge
Flowers: Morrice Florist
Party Supplies: Tilton Tents and Party Rentals
Transportation: Winnetu Oceanside Resort
Hair + Makeup: Martine Bernard + Sea Spa Salon
Guest Accommodations: Island Inn
Rehearsal Dinner: The Sweet Life Café
Brunch: Lola’s Southern Seafood
Fun, fun and fun maternity photo session should be. Anja and Mark showed their awesome personalities in this shoot. I really enjoyed spending my time with them :)
Maternity Photography - Boston, MA
Yulia wanted few photos with out her veil. I think she looked gorgeous either way.
As a photographer, I love capturing every single detail. I thought Yulia's back of the dress was so beautiful, I asked her to turn around and I snapped this photo :) seriusly I was in love with this dress.
And here is a stunning bridal walk :)
This was one of the last images from our photo session. I always love asking couples if they would like to take any other photos, their own ideas and these couple requested photo next to the birch tree. Yulia and Dmitriy are from Russia, birch tree is a symbol of Russian nature and Russian beauty. I love actually drinking birch sap :) it is very popular in Ukraine and Russia and some other parts of Europe.
This was the last photo from our wedding photo session in Boston Public Garden. And you can probably tell because it was getting little dark. Ohhh I had such great time with Yulia and Dmitriy.
It's too cold today to even go Christmas shopping! Instead, I'm bundled up at home in order to share Molly and Marco's engagement photos with you all. (This post is a long time coming!)
I first met Molly over the summer at Somerville's Bloc 11 Café. She told me all about herself and her fiancé, Marco. Their 2017 wedding will take place at the vibrant and traditional Wequassett Resort in Harwich.
During that meeting, Molly and I agreed to take their engagement photos on Cape Cod in the fall, celebrating their relationship using a natural backdrop. In September, we found ourselves in Chathat on a blustery day, full of rain and heavy wind. The weather didn't bother us at all; the photos turned out beautiful!
They have an incredible connection, and it was a joy to capture that. I can't wait to shoot their wedding!
I joined Kristina and Ilya in an exploration of autumnal foliage at Wellesley College in Wellesley, MA. This was the perfect backdrop to showcase their playful and elegant relationship, and a great spot to celebrate their engagement. We even marked the occasion with some chocolate tarts from Wellesley, MA!
Kristina's stunning velvet dress and bold lip stood out next to the more muted tones of Ilya's outfit. It was incredible to see the ways their complimentary styles reflected the harmony in their relationship. These images capture multiple facets of their relationship with this day-long photo shoot. Their love for one another truly shines through!
Iryna's Photography | Wedding Photographer in Boston, MA | Documenting Love Through Photographs.
www.irynasphotography.com | Iryna's Photography - Boston Photographer, kids photography, family photography, mini photo sessions, Rock Meadow Conservation Photo Session, Belmont MA,Read More
Alessandra & Robert had their small private wedding in Newton, MA. They are one of those couples that you just want to hang out with after the wedding. Their whole day was perfect. As a wedding photographer, I enjoy creating an environment where the couple has a chance to laugh, relax and celebrate with their family and friends. It was a pleasure to photograph their love story. Cheers!
A bridal shower is a gift-giving party held for a bride-to-be in anticipation of her wedding. The custom originated in the 1890s and is today most common in the United States, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
The history of the custom is rooted not necessarily for the provision of goods for the upcoming matrimonial home, but to provide goods and financial assistance to ensure the wedding may take place.
Men are typically not allowed at these functions. But recently more men have been attending. - Wikipedia
- Dec 7, 2018 Kellie + Blake: Boston Engagement Session in September Dec 7, 2018
- Sep 12, 2018 Lord Thompson Manor Wedding Photography | Wedding Venues in CT Sep 12, 2018
- Aug 24, 2018 Martha's Vineyard | Edgartown Lighthouse - Engagement Photo Session Aug 24, 2018
- Jul 6, 2018 Classic & Timeless Engagement Photo Session in Boston Jul 6, 2018
- Jun 8, 2018 Boston Engagement Photo Session Jun 8, 2018
- May 12, 2018 Engagement Photo Session in Charlestown, MA | Navy Yard, Boston MA May 12, 2018
- May 3, 2018 Custom Wedding Invitations | Meet Basic Invite May 3, 2018
- Mar 29, 2018 "Photoshoot Tips: Including your dog in your engagement photos" Mar 29, 2018
- Mar 22, 2018 Engagement Photo Session, Boston MA Mar 22, 2018
- Mar 16, 2018 Lake Pearl Wedding, Wrentham MA Mar 16, 2018
- Jan 26, 2018 Wequassett Resort Wedding, Harwich MA Jan 26, 2018
- Jan 23, 2018 Cape Cod Reception Venue - Wequassett Resort, Harwich MA Jan 23, 2018
- Jan 15, 2018 Wedding in Saratoga Springs, NY Jan 15, 2018
- Jan 5, 2018 Barn at Gibbet Hill Wedding Jan 5, 2018
- Oct 31, 2017 The Bostonian Boston Hotel Wedding, Boston MA Oct 31, 2017
- Oct 19, 2017 The Villa at Ridder Country Club Wedding, East Bridgewater MA Oct 19, 2017
- Oct 17, 2017 Boston Engagement Photo Session Oct 17, 2017
- Oct 7, 2017 Tewksbury Country Club Wedding, Tewksbury MA Oct 7, 2017
- Sep 19, 2017 Cookie Eating - Family Photo Session Sep 19, 2017
- Sep 6, 2017 Dunn State Park, Gardener MA - Family Photo Session Sep 6, 2017
- Aug 22, 2017 Adams Farm - Wedding Photos Aug 22, 2017
- Aug 21, 2017 Destination Wedding - Lviv, Ukraine Aug 21, 2017
- Aug 18, 2017 Deer Island, Boston Engagement Session Aug 18, 2017
- Aug 11, 2017 New England Wedding, Hull MA Aug 11, 2017
- Aug 9, 2017 “What should I wear for my engagement photo session?” Aug 9, 2017
- May 15, 2017 Martha's Vineyard, Island Wedding May 15, 2017
- Mar 9, 2017 Salem, MA - Beach Maternity Photo Session | Maternity Photographer Boston MA Mar 9, 2017
- Feb 24, 2017 Boston Public Garden Wedding Photos | Boston Wedding Photographer | Boston MA Feb 24, 2017
- Dec 11, 2016 Cape Cod Engagement Photo Session Dec 11, 2016
- Dec 9, 2016 Engagement Photo Session at Wellesley College, Wellesley MA | Boston Engagement Photographer Dec 9, 2016
- Nov 29, 2016 Rock Meadow Conservation, Belmont MA - Family Photo Session Nov 29, 2016
- Nov 20, 2016 Larz Anderson Park, Brookline MA - Wedding Photos Nov 20, 2016
- Jun 8, 2016 Ferncroft Country Club, Middleton MA - Bridal Shower Photos Jun 8, 2016
- May 19, 2016 Larz Anderson Park Engagement Photo Session | Boston Wedding Photographer May 19, 2016
I spent a splendid afternoon with Sri and Nirupa at Larz Anderson Park in Brookline, MA. The weather joined the engagement celebration by providing us with a warm and cloudless day, as well as some fantastic natural light.
This couple came fully prepared for the shoot. Nirupa brought flowers and a stuffed animal, while Sri had a bottle of wine in hand. All I had to provide was the camera in order to capture their strong styles! We did manage to keep the bottle unopened for the duration of our enjoyable photo session, but I bet that they popped the top to celebrate that evening.
Oh, the way he looks at her...true love.
Nirupa is so beautiful...
Larz Anderson Park is a stunning location for an engagement session…
The elegant "Temple of Love" on the shore of the water garden in Larz Anderson Park.