“What should I wear for my engagement photo session?” I hear this question from couples quite often! Here are some ideas and tips that will help you feel more prepared for our photo session together:
1. Keep your clothes classic. You want to be able to look back on these photos in ten years and reminisce on the romance, not on your trendy and uncomfortable outfit!
2. Consider the color palette of your clothing, and the types of fabric. Neutral colors will look like they’re straight out of a fairytale if photographed outdoors, while richer and darker colors will create a completely different mood. Don’t forget to think about the season, as well, so you don’t freeze! I love to play with seasonal natural elements, especially with fabric that flows in the wind ☺
3. Bring clothing options! A neutral-colored ball gown will create a completely different mood from jeans, boots, and a flannel. But if you want both, then bring both outfits with you! Regardless of what outfits you choose, make sure each item is neatly ironed and picture-ready.
4. Coordinate your outfits with your significant other. Make sure you are equally as dressed up or dressed down in your photos. If one of you shows up in a tuxedo, the other probably should not show up in a gym outfit! (Unless that’s the look you’re going for!)
5. Don’t forget about the small details. Be sure to accentuate the parts of your body that you love the most! Love your waist? Add a belt! Love your legs? Add shoes that show them off! Accessories should be carefully selected for the special stories that they tell about you.
With all of that being said, these are certainly not requirements for your photo shoot! These are just some tips to help you feel prepared for our time together. Wear whatever makes you feel comfortable, happy, and beautiful. Just dress up, go for it, and let’s have fun creating a lasting memory of your relationship!